Wednesday 23 June 2010

HDX bone - step 1

I was looking for a media center since a while, but with no luck. The 2 mains criterias was the playable codec and a cool gui with movie cover, ...
My short list was:
  • Mac mini with plex : the top but expensive and without hdmi (until now)
  • WD TV Live: great offer but do not include hard drive inside
  • Xtreamer: Hdd case but poor UI design

Well i was digging the web for the best deal, till i found the HDX Bone.
This brand new media player is small form factor case that can hold a 2'5 HDD, can read almost all video format but the key feature is the dual boot with Android, for the moment is quite useless (bring internet access) but open nice perspective.
So i decided to go for this chinese model since it is not too expensive 119$ + 35$ shipping (128 euros)
EDIT: plus 17 euros customs taxes !
Since it was hard to find information on this model, i decided to share my experience with you :-)
For now i've place my order the june 22 and now i wait ....

5 comments:

saffix said...

Hi, i have been using the HDX Bone for about 6 months now and suddenly it is not detected by any laptops now. However it is functioning without any problems when connected to the Television in Media player or in Android mode. The problem is , i cannot add or change the content now. When connected to the laptop it creates a minute beep sound if heard properly. Please help me to correct it.

math said...

Sorry i ve no idea to solve your issue. Is it a window problem ? Try another computer ... Sorry

MFinger said...

Dear Mathias

I had bought a new one HDX and the HDX fell out of my hand and the HD crashed.
I´d buy another HD but I cannot get to install de Android.
I tiurn on the HDX, appears the Android icon, but nothing happens...
How can I install the Android?
Regards
Jose Pinho

jgpinhof@gmail.com

math said...

Hi have you tried this guide ?
http://www.hdx.ro/descarca/Bone%20Android%20Guide.pdf

You will have to repartition your hard drive.
Hope ot help

Tan Yi Qian said...

Hi, I've just got the HDX Bone and was wondering if it is compatible to a MacBook Pro? My Macbook cant detect the device...